When you have a competitive group of backyard gamers playing you will see why most college students call Beersbee the Greatest Outdoor Game Ever! I think I would challenge this, but I do think it’s a very fun game of beer frisbee!
Beersbee was originated from a very similar game, called Fricket. The objective is to throw a Frisbee at across the field knocking off your opponent’s bottle from the stand.
It is a team game that requires skill, patience, but minimal physical activity so you can always have a drink in your hand. The game is designed to get you wasted and does not disappoint.
What is Included in Beersbee
How to Play Beersbee
Beersbee is one of the easiest Frisbee games to learn, but hard to master. Find a field, backyard, or good spot at a campground to get started. Beersbee is meant to be played 2-on-2, but we like to modify the rules to be 3-on-3 or heck even 1-on-1. Teams sit on opposite ends of the field approx. 20-30 feet apart.
Teams take turns alternating between throwing a Frisbee across the field at the target. The targets are a pole with a bottle, can, or ball on top. You get your points by knocking your competitors can to the ground. If you or your team drops the Frisbee the entire team drinks. The game is until 11 and switches sides when a team reaches 6 points. Just to keep it interesting! When teams cross you must high five! It is a real spectator sport that gets a lot of attention.
How to Score Points in Beersbee Drinking Game
On Offense (Throwing Team)
The goal in Beersbee is to knock the bottle or can off your neighbors pole. You can either do this by hitting and knocking off the bottle direct (Dinger) or knocking it off by hitting the pole.
- 1 Point – Throwing the frisbee and knocking the bottle down by hitting the pole.
- 2 Points – knocking the bottle off direct without hitting the pole. (Dinger)
On Defense (Defending Team)
With blocking the target (Goaltending) you will try to catch the Frisbee and the bottle from the throwing team.
- 1 Point Reduction – Catching the bottle that was knocked off by the frisbee reduces the points scored.
- 1 Point Penalty – Not catching the frisbee adds 1 point to the throwing team if it was a reasonable throw.
4 Beersbee Scoring Examples
- Direct Hit (No Catch). Throwing Team hits target direct (2 Points) & Defense Team does not catch bottle or Frisbee. This would be 3 Points for the throwing Team.
- Direct Hit (Frisbee and / or Bottle Caught). Throwing team hits target direct hit (2 points) but defending team catches both Frisbee and bottle (1 Point Total). Defending Team only catches 1 item (either frisbee or bottle) will be (2 Points Total)
- Hitting Pole (No Catch). Throwing team knocks off bottle but hits pole (1 points).
- Hitting Pole (Frisbee and / or Bottle Caught). Catching the frisbee does not reduce 1 point by prevents it from giving to scoring team. Throwing team knocks over bottle by hitting pole but catches frisbee (1 point). If Defending team catches both bottle and frisbee (0 points).
Beersbee Drinking Game Rules of Play
We know there are many variations of this game. These rules are the Backyard Games Drinking rules we play at home. We encourage everyone to make their own twists to this game and add in any penalty / rewards drinking shots or funny activities. Beersbee thrives on sportsmanship and fun so make sure to always be honest and even if your defending team missed it.
Beersbee Drinking Rules Technicalities:
1. A Frisbee is considered out of play once it hits the ground. If it bounces before it hits the target then it does not count.
2. Every time your team messes up you all must drink. This is no team sport with “I” in Team.
3. You must always have a drink in your hand. If you put it down for 1 second without permission means entire team takes a drink.
4. Even when diving you must not spill your drink. You drink once.
5. Frisbee thrown in play must be catchable for the defending team. If it is not catchable your team has 1 drink.
6. Frisbee thrown that are not catchable (too far or too fast) are deemed uncatchable and not points are awarded.
7. Catchable Frisbee are thrown from where they land if behind the throwing line. Thrower must plant 1 foot where the frisbee stopped.
8. Frisbees landing within 2 meters of target are thrown from the line.
9. Loosing team must finish their drinks.